Garrett Electric Website Redesign
The ChallengeAfter being acquired by Olsson Industrial Electric, industrial electrical contractor Garrett Electric underwent a comprehensive redesign of brand assets, including their website. The goal was to have the website accurately communicate their service offerings and brand identity while demonstrating a sense of unity with their parent company. The FPW team integrated our Brand and Films divisions to deploy a newly designed website with fresh content and streamlined design.
- Photography | Our Films team traveled to Garrett Electric’s location, as well as four different job sites, to capture stunning content of Garrett Electric’s journeymen at work. Our team complied with all safety regulations including PPE while on site. We not only captured candid content of current projects in progress, but we also shot portraits of the leadership and team of electricians. We integrated these visual assets throughout the website.
- Videography | Our Films team captured video content and produced it to create a complete corporate video summarizing Garrett Electric’s history, service offerings, markets, and commitments to safety, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness. This brand video, complete with narration and a musical track, was integrated through Vimeo into the homepage, to be conveniently viewed with two clicks. We also created a silent loop variation of this film to automatically play on the homepage as well as a separate cut to play on the careers page.
- Copy Generation | Our creative team interviewed the Garrett Electric team via in-person interviews, phone calls, and Google Forms to gather content. We synthesized this content to write new leadership team biographies, featured employee highlights, project examples, market sector descriptions, and careers section content according to the Garrett Electric brand voice. We also wrote and produced a script to accompany the full brand corporate video featured on the homepage.
- Graphic Design | Our design team developed branded, downloadable PDF documents outlining each project example featured on the website. We also provided custom iconography to depict a newly identified market sector.
- Web Development | We began with a template that met the needs of Garrett Electric, and our team implemented customizations as needed to ensure the layout presented the relevant content in a comprehensive and aesthetically appealing manner. This new design included elements such as automatic sliders, text hovering over images, and downloadable project examples and job descriptions. Our digital team partnered with our client’s IT team to set up the new domain, new email addresses, and routing to the new email addresses and new website.